Priority directions of activities
On the international level
- Creation and development of the National Schengen Information System of Lithuania and National Visa Information System of Lithuania, ensuring effective and safe functioning of these systems;
- Exchanging the data of indictments with the appropriate institutions of European Union member states;
- Exchanging the data of criminality statistics with the Republic of Latvia and the Republic of Estonia.
On the national level
- Implementation of the state policy on information society development in internal affairs while using contemporary information and telecommunication technologies;
- Maintenance, development and modernization of information system, telecommunications network and radio communications network of the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- Creation, development and technical compatibility assurance of registries and data bases of common use managed by establishments under the regulation of the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- Safety assurance of state and departmental registries and information systems in the domain of internal affairs.